Apply topically to affected area as soon as possible after sting or bite.
Repeat 3 -4 times a day or as needed.
Avoid contact with eyes.
Shake bottle before use.
- Bee Stings: scrape out the stinger as quickly as possible before applying the cream.
- Wasp stings
- Insect bites from mosquitoes, flies, fleas, bedbugs.
- Prickly heat rash
With more severe symptoms like swelling of the face, lips, tongue, throat,upper airway or breathing problems, seek urgent immediate medical attention.
Keep out of direct sun.
Store Bites and Stings Cream at room temperature between 20C to 25C
(68F to 77F).
Apis 30C, Ledum 30C, Arnica 30C
WARNING: Contains Honey Bee derived material.
BENZYL ALCOHOL - A NATURAL PRESERVATIVE
If you look at where most consumers go for information about cosmetic ingredients and preservatives (http://www.ewg.org/skindeep) you will see the following re Benzyl Alcohol: Zero risk of Cancer, Zero Risk of Developmental & Reproductive Toxicity, Ultra Low risk of Allergies & Immunotoxicity, Use restrictions are unlimited by legislation. Over all risk rating of 5 (Moderate).
Benzyl alcohol is produced naturally by many plants and is commonly found in edible food such as apricots, cranberries, cocoa, honey, mushrooms, and snap peas and and in green and black tea (up to 5 mg/kg). It is also found in a variety of essential oils including jasmine and ylang-ylang.
All test on these ingredients in toxicology studies are done at 100% concentration. It is a Bacteraic Static Ingredient and not a Biocidal Preservative.
Let us use the absurd comparison that Oxygen is toxic at 100% concentration. 6-10 minutes of pure Oxygen exposure has been reported to give the following symptoms: Dazed and lip-twitching; paraesthesiae (a sensation of tingling, tickling, prickling, pricking, or burning of a person's skin with no apparent long-term physical effect.); vertigo; "Diaphragmatic spasm"; Severe nausea. We wouldn't be telling kids not to breath. This is the trouble with the internet. A little distorted information goes a long way.
Benzyl alcohol is commonly used as the preservative in multidose injectable pharmaceutical preparations. For this purpose,concentrations in the range of 0.5-2% are used and the amount of benzyl alcohol injected is generally very well tolerated. Bacteriostatic Water (bacteriostatic water for injection) is sterile water containing 0.9% benzyl alcohol that is used to dilute or dissolve medications and the benzyl alcohol suppresses or stops the growth of most potentially contaminating bacteria. The Bacteriostatic Water can be used for diluting drugs that can subsequently be administered by intravenous, intramuscular, or subcutaneous injection. There are few side effects, if any, in adults. It is not used for neonatal medications because of possible toxicity of benzyl alcohol. Deaths in neonates have been associated with administration of 99-234 mg/kg/day benzyl alcohol.
In this situation mentioned above you most certainly don't want to inject very large quantities of fluids containing concentrations at 0.9% into neonatal Babies (referring to an infant in the first 28 days after birth), and so maybe you could draw the conclusion "that benzyl alcohol is dangerous for babies and young children" if you inject it into their blood stream. If they injected any of our formulations into any baby we still wouldn't reach the same level of Benzyl Alcohol as in Sterile Bacteriostatic Water.
Here is a peer reviewed article on Benzyl Alcohol toxicity in neonatal children. http://www.uic.edu/pharmacy/centers/drug_information_center/faq/benzyl.php